About Web Perspectives
Web Perspectives is a market research panel based in Canada, established in 2004, and operated by ResearchNow, a global expert in market research data. The panel is extremely popular and presently has a customer base of more than 250,000.
Members at Web Perspectives are invited to take online paid surveys, and make their views count in the marketing world. Research opportunities include online surveys, focus groups, advertising campaign reviews, and testing new products.
The goal of Web Perspectives survey panel site
The goal of Web Perspectives online surveys is to help shape the products and services of the future. The companies they serve value that information, just as Web Perspectives value the input of the members, who are rewarded for the time and effort they put in. A variety of interest subjects are covered like reviews of blockbuster films, favourite foods, healthy eating, environmental issues, and even fashion trends. In short, something for everyone!
Signing up is easy.
All you are required to do is fill out a short registration form, then submit it to activate your membership and account, and you will start receiving surveys to complete.
It is important to keep your profile information up to date, to ensure you receive surveys which are relevant to you. The more relevant surveys are to you, the more invites you will receive, and the more you will be able to complete.
Web Perspectives is only available to Canadian residents.
How you are rewarded for your work?
Web Perspectives use the points system to reward members. Each time you complete a survey, you are rewarded with 100 to 500 points, depending on the length and complexity of the survey. Once the member has completed the survey, the points are immediately deposited into the member’s account.
Once you have accumulated 1000 points (value $10) you may redeem them for your choice of a gift voucher which can be used at many of the top retailers, such as Amazon, Air Miles Reward Miles, Cineplex, Retail e-vouchers, and movie vouchers among others. You can also opt to take cash paid through Paypal.
Advantages of Web Perspectives.
- They have a low cash-out threshold of 1000 points that is equivalent to $10 which, if one gets enough survey invites, is not too difficult to achieve. There are panels out there who require 5000 points, or at least $50 dollars before cash out can take place. The amount of time this cash out level may take to achieve, can be daunting.
- They are a legitimate, reputable and reliable survey site who also offer great rewards, ranging from cash to gift certificates.
- As a member and participant in the surveys, you will automatically be eligible for the cash prize sweepstakes. This takes the form of a monthly draw for 5 prizes of $1000, and every member who has completed surveys during the month is entered in the draw.
- Members get frequent invites to complete surveys.
- Web Perspectives work under the auspices of ResearchNow, a global company who have more than 3 million members worldwide. They optimize market research and decision-making for their clients, as well as promote news ways to make market research more effective.
Some disadvantages of the Web Perspective panel site.
While most members appear to be happy with the frequency of survey invites received, as well as the rewards structures, and the legitimacy of the site, it would seem that under the surface all is not well.
There are 4 major complaints from panellists who are members of Web Perspective, and for folk needing to make extra cash, it is somewhat frustrating.
- The most common gripe is that Web Perspective are extremely slow when it comes to paying out points which have been redeemed. It has been reported by some members that when points are redeemed they go into a pending file, where it can take up to a month or more before it is cleared into the members account for drawing.
- Although Web Perspective guarantee to deposit points earned into members accounts immediately the survey has been completed, this does not always seem to happen, and some members have noted that it has taken weeks to be credited into their accounts. A frustrating issue for many who have worked hard to earn points!
- Some members have complained that points have gone missing from their pending file. These could be isolated incidents, but various different members have noted this, and it may need some looking into.
- Members who have attempted to get in touch with “Member Services” report that there is very little response to queries, not even an acknowledgement that the query has been received – and certainly no action to resolve any issues.
Panellists take getting paid seriously, as it is what they do to make extra cash. Redeemed payments due should be processed timeously.
Review glossary for Web Perspectives survey panel site.
The site is easy to use, the sign up process is simple to complete, the rewards are generous, and the payout threshold is attainable. Members are generally happy with the number of invites received to complete, the bonuses on offer, and the opportunity to get invitations to join focus groups and earn big rewards.
However, the main drawback to Web Perspective is the apparent slowness of paying out redeemed points, and the difficulty in communicating with “Member Services” which some panellists have labelled as dysfunctional.
Overall, it is a legitimate and reliable site, which is held in high regard by most of the 250,000 plus members.
On average the Web Perspective survey panel is rated 3 out of 5 stars.